Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fasting & Prayer

Good Evening,

So, my heart is still aching for those lil loves Glory and Gage. I found out today that they are now 3 and 4.  For Ryan and I they can't be more perfect.  We're just excited and therefore we find ourselves in deep emotional prayer for these loves. We for God's will. Even if that means these two beauties are not for us, then they would find another home that will adore them and love them like they are. They are children of GOD!  With that, Ryan and I just cant stop praying over these two and often feel a strong tug to take our prayer life deeper when it comes to our adoption story.

I wanted to share an article I found regarding fasting and prayer.  I found this pertinent due to the circumstance Ryan and I are going through.  We both thought it would be helpful with this evenings topic.

So, I didn't write the below article but wanted to share it anyway. I have several readers following my blog so I want to make sure that I can do everything possible to show my heart and God's story through this.  Because as much as I want this to be about ME.  It's not,  it's about Christ and the story HE is writing for us. Ryan and I are merely pawns in God's great chess game.


Your Personal Guide to Fasting and Prayer

By Dr. Bill Bright
Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all the Christian disciplines. Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life.
Fasting and prayer can also work on a much grander scale. According to Scripture, personal experience and observation, I am convinced that when God's people fast with a proper Biblical motive-seeking God's face not His hand-with a broken, repentant, and contrite spirit, God will hear from heaven and heal our lives, our churches, our communities, our nation and world. Fasting and prayer can bring about revival - a change in the direction of our nation, the nations of earth and the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
The awesome power can be released through you as you fast through the enabling of the Holy  Spirit.
Fasting is one of the most neglected spiritual admonitions. In fact, it has been ignored for so long that it is difficult to find information on the "how-to's" of this life-changing experience. When I first undertook an extended fast, I had a difficult time finding information on the nature of a Biblical fast, how to start, what to expect physically and spiritually, and how to terminate a fast.
These pages are designed to answer your practical questions about fasting and ease any concerns you might have. In this series, you will learn:
  • Why you should fast
  • How to fast safely
  • How long and what type of fast is right for you
  • How to prepare yourself spiritually and physically
  • How to manage your schedule while fasting
  • How to deal with the responses of friends and loved ones
  • How to make your spiritual experience the best it can be
  • How to maintain nutritional balance and health from beginning to end (including specific juice and broth recipes)
  • What physical benefits to expect
  • How to finish your fast and return to your normal schedule in a HEALTHY way
I want to be of help to you so I will be speaking to you from these pages at various points in the study. I have completed five 40-day fasts. I want to share with you what I have learned and what has helped me. Whether you hold a 1-day fast or an extended 40-day fast, I pray that our Lord's most wonderful love and blessings will be poured out on you as you take this exciting step of faith

So, I'm late to the game to fast for lent. But I am dedicating one day a week to prayer and fasting.  I really want complete clarity and concise direction that we are in God's will. In no way do I want to have any doubts. The minute you allow doubt into your heart you've allowed Satan to have power.  Let me tell you, brother's and sisters Satan will NEVER have residence or be welcomed in my life.

My father is bigger. He knows our hearts and he knows our prayers and we fully trust him to not only supply the dreams of our hearts but also lead us gently to them to ensure we are making wise choices.
Ryan and I have learned so much with this process. We've feel more then ever that our God is with us and the direction we are going on is exactly His will. Must admit what a peace it gives Ryan and I to know that our God is for us and that He is never more then a prayer away.

We do not doubt that our God knows our hearts, desires and even our prayers before they are spoken.  But I also know that he absolutely called us to have faith, to follow and to live a life in His image. To live a life of discipline.  There are several months yet in this journey and we want Christ at our side for every single moment.  We want to be the pawns of Christ's chess game. You want to know why? Because Christ never looses!

 This love journey would not be happening if not for our amazing family and friends supporting us and praying for s. Thank you SO MUCH!

Smiles,
Ryan and Dena - 

No comments:

Post a Comment